June 2020 Parent Letter
Parents & Caregivers,
Clarinda Schools would like to take a minute to thank each of you for your support of our teachers and staff during these uncharted times. While the students may not have been in the buildings, our teachers jumped right in and took the challenge of distance learning in stride! Since we didn’t get a chance to do our regular send-off for the kids, we’d like to take time to go over some end-of-the-year information:
- iPads- students will be keeping their school-issued iPad throughout this summer. If you encounter any problems, please contact either Cindy Opperman, Allie Wellhausen or Denise Green. If you are moving before school starts in August, please drop your student’s iPad off at Central Office.
- Parent Communication- We have a new parent message system, please check our website to sign up if you haven’t already.
- Summer Lunch Program- we’re still serving lunches as a drive up at the High School on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Report Cards- The elementary and middle school will not be sending end of the year report cards because the grades did not change from 3rd quarter as school closed due to the pandemic.
- Registration- information will be available on the school website.
- Return to Learn Plan- The administrative staff is working diligently to develop our Return to Learn Plan. Please be patient with us as we work through the process.
- Pre-School- There are no final plans for preschool at this time. Our goal is to provide educational opportunities to as many children as we can. This is very important to us!
Wishing you and your families the best.
We can’t wait to see you all again soon!