Quick Links

Main Navigation

Top

Board Policies

Home > breadcrumbs: District Office > breadcrumbs: Board Policies >

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

Communication Channels

Code No.  307

Questions and problems are resolved at the lowest organizational level nearest to the complaint.  School employees are responsible for conferring with their immediate supervisor on questions and concerns.  Students and other members of the school district community will confer with a licensed employee and then with the principal on questions and concerns.

If resolution is not possible by any of the above, individuals may bring it to the attention of the superintendent within ten school days of their discussion with the principal.  If there is no resolution or plan for resolution by the superintendent within ten school days of the individual's discussion with the superintendent, the individual may ask to have the question or problem placed on the board agenda.  It is within the board’s discretion whether to hear the concern.

It will first be the responsibility of the administrators to resolve questions and problems raised by the employees and the students they supervise and by other members of the school district community.

Legal Reference:    Iowa Code § 279.8 (2013).

Cross Reference:    213            Public Participation in Board Meetings
                                213.1R1    General Complaints by Citizens
                                401.4         Employee Complaints
                                502.4         Student Complaints and Grievances
                                504.3         Student Publications

Initially Approved   03-12-2001           Last Reviewed   05-09-2016           Last Revision                           

Back To Top